Racerplanet Network Forums  

Go Back   Racerplanet Network Forums > General Category > Main Forum

Main Forum Forum for general gaming discussions. See the list below for more sub-forums:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to jtace
So what games does everyone play now?

I know NFS isn't as popular as it used to be. So what games are everyone playing right now otherwise?

Personally I alternate between a few on Xbox and PC.

SWTOR
CoD MW3
Assasins Creed
Mass Effect 3 when it's out
Looking forward to the new Tomb Raider as well later this year
Probably the Star Craft 2 expansion as well

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Moderator of Puppets

I've been playing MS Flight a bit today and yesterday. I played LA Noire back in the fall when it hit the PC; thought it was cool concept, but too repetitious. Before that, Crysis 2, which was the least interesting of the Far Cry / Crysis games for me. The games I seem to play the most are Civilization IV & V, FSX, and GTA IV.

Bill Hicks
Old 03-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Administrator

I used to love the civilization games back in the day. Maybe I should check the latest one out again.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

SWTOR almost every day with mates from my first ever guild, House Arcanum (Mind Trick server). Before that I played LA Noire on Xbox 360, Deus Ex 3 on PC and Just Cause 2 also on PC.

I'm still sim-racing with rFactor although rFactor 2 is now out in beta and already being tested by my league "Legends League" when not racing with the 1979 F1 cars. I'm also still a race steward at the league. Actually I was asked by one of the other stewards to form a team for the 79 F1 championship, my first ever racing-team (The Demolition Crew doesn't count). It's actually my team-mate that introduced me to House Arcanum and I suggested we use their name as our sponsor and I painted two cars with arcane flames and the guild name in golden letters (similar to the SWTOR logo), I also have the Racerplanet logo on the car as well btw.

I'm playing Forza Motorsport 4 as well but still haven't tried online, although one of the guild-bosses has it as well so maybe I'll get a chance soon. I'm also looking forward to hearing more about Forza Horizon.

Frank
Old 03-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Moderator - aka Darth Fez of the MicroSith

I am still playing Shift2 from time to time. Love the GT3 and GT1 class cars.

I am also on the Project Cars Beta but I fear that it is going to be too much hardcore sim for me.

Looking forward to "Test Drive Ferrari Legends" (which looks like it is going to be Shift with all Ferraris and that cannot be all bad ) and "Assetto Corsa"

I did also play LA Noire, what a waste of time, most boring game ever.

Now that I got a massive new flatscreen TV I may get the XBOX-Forza4-Bundle, but I am not sure yet.

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.
Any errors in spelling, grammar, tact or fact are transmission errors.

"The Verdict: If this isnít your dream car, youíre having the wrong dreams." From C&D Ferrari Enzo Test
"There is only one reason you buy a Porsche Boxster - you can't afford a 911" - Richard Hammond on TopGear
Old 03-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Windows isn't working properly through Bootcamp on my Mac - because I can't be bothered re-installing Windows and all the games and everything to sort it out, I don't play any games at all now. I can run Windows through VMWare, but that defeats the purpose. There is no use in running FSX through VMWare.

Other than that, I do play Texas Hold'Em poker on the iPhone - currently got around $22,000,000 in earnings there.

Otherwise, I'd still be in FSX quite a lot - because that is awesome. I'm shunning Microsoft Flight, even though the graphical performance of it is stunning by all accounts. I'm hoping there will be a way to adapt the performance improvements of Flight over to FSX - then we can avoid Flight completely.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Ultra Moderator & Co-Founder

Send a message via Yahoo to Commander
Just started playing Shift 2 again, and enjoying it as much as I did when I first got it last year.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 AM
Administrator

I'm back in action again! It was the SSD which wasn't playing nicely in my Mac Pro. Unplugged that, and Windows is now booting fine.

Didn't need to buy Mac OS X 10.7 Lion after all. But I have it and it works well too.

I just completed a flight in FSX from Melbourne to Sydney with B-HUP, a Cathay Pacific B747-467F 'silver-bullet' freighter. It often visits Australia.

Though more recently the Sydney to Melbourne CX23 flights have been the brand new B747-8F! We had B-LJG this week on Tuesday in Sydney, the newest of them all.

If I'm not doing that - I'm on the bicycle which is a crazy cool addiction. I Love it - more fun than nearly any computer game.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

So Chris, tried the new Flight yet? I haven't although my guild leader is flying a lot in it for fun. I wonder when the three other new flight simulators (if you can call Flight a simulator) will arrive. X-Plane 10 is also said to be pretty good and getting more and more high quality add-ons last I heard.

In other news, I just bought an Xbox 360 version of Driver SF, not too bad actually. Some pretty nice action although some of the stunts are extremely tough (tag 30 cars in 60 seconds?). Some unexpected cars, besides my beloved DMC 12 there's also an RS200, both 77 and 79 Trans Am, Lamborghini Jalpa (must be the first ever game this is in), "Yellow Bird" and the fabulous Hudson Hornet.

Frank
Old 04-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Moderator of Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N. O. View Post
(if you can call Flight a simulator)
Flight is definitely a simulator, my gut feeling is that the physics are actually a bit better than FSX. Spins seem more realistic, and there seems to be more interaction between wind and terrain in the mountains. It's just not an airline simulator. Think of it like Falcon 4... few would deny that it's one of the best simulators ever created even though it only had one airplane and only modeled the Korean peninsula. Flight is for people who want low and slow, stick and rudder flying in an area with gorgeous scenery, and it does that better than FSX did.

I tried the XPlane 10 demo, and all of the included planes and helicopters that I tried were horrible. The 172 climbed at something like 2k ft/min and had an absurd roll rate, the helicopters felt like they had no inertia, etc. The people in the XPlane community seem to admit as much, and say that to fully appreciate it you have to buy addon planes and read the (absurdly long) manual to get the game properly set up. I don't doubt that it's a great sim when properly set up with well-developed planes, but it's hard to give a demo a fair shake when you're told you need to buy addon planes and spend an evening or two playing with settings to get the optimal experience.

Reminds me of Racer, actually. One of my biggest complaints with Racer was that Ruud would release new versions with crappy cars and tracks and weird debug settings left turned on... you can't expand the community when you give people that sort of a first impression. At least Racer and its addons are free.

The other thing I didn't like about XPlane 10 was the auto-gen scenery. To me it looks like SimCity 4; Flight and some of the better scenery addons for FSX look better 90% of the time to me. The idea is great, but we're not to the point where it can be done IMHO.

Bill Hicks
Old 04-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Frank: Not interested in Flight - unless I can port the graphics engine over to FSX to get the higher frame rates. That's all I want - nothing else. They can keep the rest of it.

I'll stick with FSX. And with PMDG bringing out a B777-200LR soon and a new B747-400/B747-8i with proper performance specs, I'm happy to stay with FSX.

Justin Martin: Good call! I heard the B747 in X-Plane would glide forever at low altitude.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Brought my own Bigscreen TV

Send a message via ICQ to Mickk
I'm playing "Freelancer" ---"Discovery 4.86".

It's darn near as old as Porsche 2000 game wise, but it is still *so* playable.

This latest version of the mod hasn't been out all that long, a few months at best, but it's very bug free.

Now that I have surprised everyone by posting, I shall vanish into the depths of the interwebs again.....

NFS: World names

XRMickk
Micharus
XRMusclecar -- Muscle cars only on this!

Mickk's NFS: WORLD DRIVING TIPS
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Heya Mick, pulling a post and run on us huh?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Mickk you bugger! Get back here!!!!

Good to see you again. How's things?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 PM

Send a message via MSN to Aussie Muscle
hmm, mostly just play Minecraft and Angry Birds, lately. Last new game i bought was Driver:SF, which is good for an occasional play and i still have a muck around in GTA4 (now that i've replaced most of the cars with real-world models and high res scenery).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Martin View Post
The other thing I didn't like about XPlane 10 was the auto-gen scenery
i dont' think autogen scenery is really the way forward for flight sims. it should be more like google earth, all reality based, with 3d objects for dense areas.

Quote:
Reality is a nice place, but i wouldn't want to live there.
Sponsored Links