Racerplanet Network Forums  

Go Back   Racerplanet Network Forums > General Category > Need for Speed

Need for Speed Forum to discuss the just announced game to come from EA in the Need For Speed line of racing games, NFS Shift, NFS World Online, NFS Undercover, NFS Pro Street, NFS Carbon, as well as NFS Most Wanted and any other games in the NFS series.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to jtace
NFS the Run

Anyone who went ahead and got the Run yet? My copy is on it's way, hopefully in a few days.

Any thoughts from anyone on what they think about the game?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 09:55 AM

Got it on the day it launched and finished the run in about 6 hours. Very impressed with the game. Excellent, Stunning graphics.
What I really like about it, is that the Driving and Physics is more realistic than NFS Hot Pursuit. You really need to work hard to control cars with challenging or expert handling.
The cops AI difficulty has improved by far from the brainless ones you find in Hot Pursuit. The Mob is Very Hard to outmaneuver!!!

Overall, the best game made in the Need For Speed series.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Thanks for your insight! I definately enjoyed running thru the single player campaign took me about 6 hours as well the first time thru on community day at EA. That was just on Normal difficulty though, trying to run it thru on the highest difficulty would be a huge challenge for anyone as they limit the resets down severely.

I would call it action racing for sure, with all the cops, mobsters, scripted moments and insane stunts they pull out on you.

Have you tried any of the challenges yet?
Old 11-17-2011, 05:34 PM

I Finished the run on normal difficulty as well. Currently playing the challenges. I guess this game gives you the run for your money having the challenges included into it.
Trying to find friends to add to the autolog though. I'm the only racing gamer among my gaming friends. They are all FPS gamers.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to Aussie Muscle
c'mon guys, doesn't any one have more in depth views on this game? i'm still fuming over nfs:hot pursuit 3, which totally sucks balls (i don't know how criterion thought that was a good game). No one seems to be talking about the mechanics of the game, etc.

Quote:
Reality is a nice place, but i wouldn't want to live there.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Administrator

I just got my copy of the game the last day or two. Still playing thru it as I have time. Quick thoughts, over all a decent game, overal worth a play for any NFS fan, especially if you find it for a discount. I'm still trying to figure out if I think the online play has any longevity to it or not, but if you like challenges, there is plenty of things that will provide a challenge for any expert racers out there.

Any one else play the game and have any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Moderator - aka Darth Fez of the MicroSith

I bet I will get it for X-Mas from my bro, as I specifically asked him NOT to get it.

I hope it will not be as bad as the one from last year, Hot Pursuit or what its name was.

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.
Any errors in spelling, grammar, tact or fact are transmission errors.

"The Verdict: If this isnít your dream car, youíre having the wrong dreams." From C&D Ferrari Enzo Test
"There is only one reason you buy a Porsche Boxster - you can't afford a 911" - Richard Hammond on TopGear
Old 02-01-2012, 04:41 AM
New Registered User

I feel that the graphic of this game are very powerful and difficulty level of this is increased than NFS - Hot Pursuit game, but I realize that this game lost flexibility at some places too. Overall, there are not much changes in this game except increase in number of tracks and cars.
Sponsored Links