First user-made Addon-Car for WR: The BatMobile [Archive] - Racerplanet Network Forums

View Full Version : First user-made Addon-Car for WR: The BatMobile

TeeKay
12-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Hi all,

I've just uploaded the first user-made Addon-Car for World Racing: The BatMobile. I had no problems with the installation. Condition is Patch 1.4.4 (http://wrc.tklein.net/downloads/patches/patch_144.php) and one completed race / training.

You will find the BatMobile and Screenshots here: World Racing Community - Download Section (http://wrc.tklein.net/downloads/cars/batmobil.php)

I don't know the user, who has made it. But he really earns praise for it!! :beer:

Jokerman
12-21-2003, 11:24 AM
Well it looks great, but when i go to run it it says unable to copy files or something along those lines. Of course if i try to run it straight out of win zip it gives me an error, but if i put it on the hd and try to run it it comes up fine, then i click install and i get the unable to copy error. Got some ideas? :cool:

StupidUglyLlama
12-21-2003, 12:24 PM
hehe its fantastico! :D no problems installing either.....

DC_Tox
12-21-2003, 12:40 PM
The Batmobile is funny :D

Anyway, my favorite add-on car is still the Slipstream...I'd love to get more of those cool muscle cars, or some other oldies but - whenever possible - as close as possible to real cars ;)

See ya later, have to catch the Joker...if only I could find that lazy Robin!

DC_Tox
12-21-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Jokerman
Got some ideas? :cool:
I'm sure it refuses to install on a PC where there's a persona in MBWR named "JOKERman" ^_^

bogs
12-21-2003, 12:43 PM
Man does that ever look FANTASTIC -^
I've always thought the original tv car had more going for it than any previous or later versions , nice choice there .

TeeKay
12-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Jokerman
Well it looks great, but when i go to run it it says unable to copy files or something along those lines. Of course if i try to run it straight out of win zip it gives me an error, but if i put it on the hd and try to run it it comes up fine, then i click install and i get the unable to copy error. Got some ideas? :cool:

Hey Jokerman,

try to copy the contents of the folder "patchdata" manually to your WR folder. I think that should work too. ;)

{wp}ShadowWolf
12-21-2003, 01:58 PM
:D great car, very funny, looking fantastic and had no problems to install! :HB:
And i love the sound :love: vroooom vroooom

keep your good work, however it was! -^

DC_Tox
12-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by bogs
I've always thought the original tv car had more going for it than any previous or later versions
Doh!....I dunno why but I always thought that the original TV car was a plain black Chevrolet Impala with red interiors....I have bad memory it seems :D

http://www.chourave.ch/serials/comics/img2/batmobile.jpg

BTW, I've seen one Impala once, parked at the side of the road and using half of the pedestrian way, too &( So huge :p

Jokerman
12-21-2003, 08:38 PM
TeeKay: Ya i figured that out rventually. A read me file would have been nice, but oh well.

This thing is a blast. Great to see that we could soon be looking at some great user made cars. :cool:

Frank N. O.
12-21-2003, 10:24 PM
That is incredible news, but also very puzzling. TeeKay, if you don't know who made it, then how did you get it?

No offense intended, but the name of the car is "Batmobile" one word, with E in the end. It is a very nice site you have though.

Frank

TeeKay
12-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Frank N. O.
That is incredible news, but also very puzzling. TeeKay, if you don't know who made it, then how did you get it?

No offense intended, but the name of the car is "Batmobile" one word, with E in the end. It is a very nice site you have though.

Frank

This is the "Source Thread" (http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=126270)

The user, who made it wrote BatMobil in the file - so I simply copied this identifier.

Jimid8tor
12-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Finally got installed it today!
Had to manualy install it in the WR TDK Car files But Wow! :beer: The Batmobile is Just Fantastic! What a Christmas presant from ughhh... ??? Well...,Hmmm....Mr X ! Thank You!
^_^
Does some awesome doughnuts with tons of smoke rolling off the tires!
I think Robin fell out during one of my flips though,Man It can get some real mean airtime too!
Whats Next? Speed Racers Mach 5 ? The Munsters Coach :HB:

Any kind of cars are always welcome!

DC_Geezr
12-23-2003, 05:52 AM
Why not an MB truck? Should be easy to do..:cool:

RICamundo:beer:

Jimid8tor
12-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Hey Ric!
Now a M-B Truck would be real cool!
I could get into that! Cause I drive a truck part time on weekends!

It's not an MB though.

GoGamer.com were out of the Mercedes Truck game =[
Been looking for other TDK games to check out.

I would really like to see some more race cars. Like the LeMans C9 or MB Concept cars .
Hmmm...I am wondering,Well,Maybe we all are, How the online patch will be when it comes out,Will we be racing all the same car or will will be able to choose different ones,Different classes? A Batmobile against a CLK GTR against a DTM against a Sandhopper? Heehee!
^_^
Just added some MBWR & Batmobile pics to my webpage if ya want to look.
It's a pain, But just forward through with the arrow till you get to them.
Have a Good one All :beer:

Jim B.

DC_Tox
12-23-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Jimid8tor

It's a pity, because it's a cool game -^

It's almost perfect, the only problem being the multiplayer: only IP, no racelists, instable connections, laggy.

Frank N. O.
12-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Finally RP is accessable again.

Ok TeeKay it was just in case you wanted the info. Interesting, I actually knew the guy on RSC since I was once a SuperMod there.

I have MBTR but as I remembered it then it doesn't like XP or my Radeon 9600 Pro Ultimate Edition :(
A darn shame, even though my father drove a Scania extra-heavy-duty road-train and not a MB race-truck then it was still fun, despite the understeering a'la NFS5.

Frank

DC_Tox
12-23-2003, 03:20 PM
despite the understeering a'la NFS5.
I have worked in the European Truck racing business...making race tyres to be exact: I must admit that those huge beasts were actually understeering like in the game, because of insufficient grip in the tyre's compound (sic! :rolleyes: ). Really, it's difficult to make a soft compound that would not melt under a 6 tons load ;)

So MBTR was not un-realistic after all....large understeer followed by wide oversteer with a snappy tail...just like in real trucks :D

I was close friend to one truck driver who tested the game, he also told me that's pretty realistic. I trust him, because I never drove one truck by myself ;)

Frank N. O.
12-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Ah ok, then there's probably a different technique used by the racetruckers (lol, new word) that drove these trucks fast and sharply around corners. I actually read that Boije Ovebrink's older MAN Super Race Truck had just one single turn from lock-to-lock in the steering, despite full steering-angle on the tires! That's almost as high ratio as a game-wheel (0.75 for my old model MS FF model). If you were in the tire-business, then do you have some information that you could share for a simulation of Race-Trucks in a sim? Come to think of it then the understeer doesn't seem that incorrect if you just remmeber that it has twice as much rubber on the back than in the front.

Greetings
Frank

Jimid8tor
12-23-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by DC_Tox
It's a pity, because it's a cool game -^

It's almost perfect, the only problem being the multiplayer: only IP, no racelists, instable connections, laggy.

Awe That's too bad about the multiplayer,

But looks like fun anyway !
Maybe they'll get back in stock or I can check on ebay?
Not sure how old it is.

:beer:
Jimid8tor -^

DC_Tox
12-24-2003, 12:53 AM
Not sure how old it is.
Pretty old, year 2000, when I was still following the Truck Racing Championship as a job ;)

DC_Tox
12-24-2003, 12:58 AM
Come to think of it then the understeer doesn't seem that incorrect if you just remmeber that it has twice as much rubber on the back than in the front.
The front tyres were lowered removing a lot of rubber, to avoid overheating (more rubber=more heat). They actually were as low as possible leaving just the rubber to finish the races :D

In the rear the heating has never been a trouble, whereas the grip on wet and the duration of the tyre under heavy slipping was a crucial factor.

FTR_Lorenzo
12-24-2003, 01:53 AM
Sorry to come back to the topic (user-made addon-car) :)

Altrough it's a cool addition to the game, this "user-made" addon-car came obviously from Synetic.

I think they HAVE to publish all specs for ppls like him http://www.geocities.com/SupermotoXL/ are able to give us real "user-made" addons, and not only for cars, but tracks also. Nothing kills a game like the lacks of new tracks (stock tracks start boring me after a short time).

Check out SupermotoXL work, he's an inspired modeller (they should try recruit him ;) )

VQ
12-24-2003, 02:22 AM
Well I wish TDk would tell us all how to put cars into the game because I want to see my cars in that game!!!

The original batmobile was a Lincolin concept car called the Futura. George Baris brought the car int he 60's and customized it for that, he made 3 more copies and some1 else made one and George Baris sued and got the rights to that car too.

DC_Geezr
12-24-2003, 03:58 AM
Hey Ric!
Now a M-B Truck would be real cool!
I could get into that! Cause I drive a truck part time on weekends!

It's not an MB though.

Been looking for other TDK games to check out.

I would really like to see some more race cars. Like the LeMans C9 or MB Concept cars .
Hmmm...I am wondering,Well,Maybe we all are, How the online patch will be when it comes out,Will we be racing all the same car or will will be able to choose different ones,Different classes? A Batmobile against a CLK GTR against a DTM against a Sandhopper? Heehee!
^_^
Just added some MBWR & Batmobile pics to my webpage if ya want to look.
It's a pain, But just forward through with the arrow till you get to them.
Have a Good one All :beer:

Jim B.

Hey Jim! I visited your site.Y not put a link to it as a siggy at the bottom of your posts?:idea: BTW that is the :cool: COOLEST:cool: P4 tower I have EVER seen!! :love: :eek: :love: I wanted to sign yer guestbook,but it wasn't available.

Your guess about WR MP is as good as mine,bud.=[ I've heard ziltch from Tom about the MP for weeks now.

Oh yeah,the original topic,^_^ The Batmobile kicks a**! But no jet turbine sound?? oh well.

Merry Christmas Jim,and all in the WR forum! :beer:

Ricamundo:beer:

DC_Tox
12-24-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by DC_Geezr
Oh yeah,the original topic,^_^ The Batmobile kicks a**! But no jet turbine sound?? oh well.
I'm pushing all the possible buttons but still can't find the NOS...err...the turbine activator :D

crumbut
12-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Vqcapricedude
Well I wish TDk would tell us all how to put cars into the game because I want to see my cars in that game!!!

The original batmobile was a Lincolin concept car called the Futura. George Baris brought the car int he 60's and customized it for that, he made 3 more copies and some1 else made one and George Baris sued and got the rights to that car too.

I have emailed Syntec just the other day on this issue. Im hoping to get word back real soon (probably after the holidays).

as for a Truck... Rumor has it that it will be soon along with about 5 other vehicals.. in the comming weeks before MP patch.

still dont know who the author of these cars/trucks are but I gladly accept any that are sent :HB:

Jimid8tor
12-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Hey Jim! I visited your site.Y not put a link to it as a siggy at the bottom of your posts?:idea: BTW that is the :cool: COOLEST:cool: P4 tower I have EVER seen!! :love: :eek: :love: I wanted to sign yer guestbook,but it wasn't available.

Your guess about WR MP is as good as mine,bud.=[ I've heard ziltch from Tom about the MP for weeks now.

Ricamundo:beer:

Merry Christmas Jim,and all in the WR forum! :beer:

Ok!and Thanks 4 the compliment!
I just threw that webpage together real quick to post pics,It's included with Comcast Cable.I'll update it soon.Then pretty it up ^_^

Yeah No turbine sound, But It is an awesome car!
Most fun I have had in a while ! :racer: -^

Also want to wish You and Everyone here a Safe and Happy Holidays!

:beer:

Ayce
12-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Well I d/l'd the batmobile in a zip file, but where do you put the files??. Sry to be such a NooB in this regard but w/o a readme file I'm sorta lost:confused:

Jimid8tor
12-24-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by DC_Tox
Pretty old, year 2000, when I was still following the Truck Racing Championship as a job ;)

Wow 2000! Dang,and I thought it was more recent . ^_^

Loved watching those trucks racing when the Speed Channel would show them!
:)

Jimid8tor
12-24-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Ayce
Well I d/l'd the batmobile in a zip file, but where do you put the files??. Sry to be such a NooB in this regard but w/o a readme file I'm sorta lost:confused:

Try doing this [SS]Ayce!

Go into "My Computer" The HDD drive you have World Racing on Most likely C
Click on Program files
Then the TDK folder
Then World Racing folder
Click on Autos
Drag and Drop the downloaded Batmobile file into there and open it up in there.Should say something like "install" in a little box that pops up.
After you do that close out of that & Then start World Racing,
You should see it in the car showroom
Then run a race to unlock that baby and have some Fun!
Hope it works for ya!
Worked for me!

Ayce
12-24-2003, 12:38 PM
Thanks Jimid8tor. I just unzipped to tmp folder and went from there. I'll check it out l8r.:)
Have a good holiday.:beer:

Jimid8tor
12-24-2003, 02:51 PM
Thanks Jimid8tor. I just unzipped to tmp folder and went from there. I'll check it out l8r.:)
Have a good holiday.:beer:

Great! [SS]Ayce!

Hope it works for Ya!
Have a Wonderful Holiday too! :beer:

Ayce
12-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Got it on track. This is a shot i took on the test track in free ride mode.

Jimid8tor
12-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Got it on track. This is a shot i took on the test track in free ride mode.

Great [SS]Ayce !! Yeah!!!! -^ :beer:

FeZ
12-26-2003, 08:55 AM
Hey that car looks like fun :)

Can't wait to try it out, when I am back home.

Also whats the word on the rumor about 6 new addon cars ?

DC_Geezr
12-26-2003, 10:59 AM
I think someone said(Crumbut?) that one of them might be a truck! :beer: Can anyone enlighten an Ole geezr how to unlock the Sand Buggy?Mine's still locked,even after several races.

DC_Tox
12-26-2003, 11:33 AM
Can anyone enlighten an Ole geezr how to unlock the Sand Buggy?
The readme file says you must have completed one specific champ to see it...I dunno, when I installed it I had all the 16 champs done and it showed up immediately...maybe after the first "single race" though.

Bage
12-26-2003, 03:19 PM
Geez no idea,
mine was unlocked after the next completed race.
Im still in Champ mode... :")

Good luck m8
/Bage

Ayce
12-27-2003, 06:47 PM
I can't get it either Geezer. Found out why.

ATTENTION: The Buggy (ATV 7000 S) will only be unlocked during the
"Semi-Profi League".

Have'nt got anywhere near there yet.&(